A. WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT USGrid Singularity is a green blockchain technology company, pronounced World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer in 2018. We have co-founded the Energy Web Foundation and developed the D3A, a blockchain-based energy exchange model software that enables grid connected energy devices to trade in hierarchical markets and the the D3A UI, an interface for using the D3A exchange model simulation environment.
B. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECTWe collect your personal information in order to provide and improve our products and services, and to communicate with you about Grid Singularity. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: In the course of subscribing to any newsletter or web signup and other forms (via our websites gridsingularity.com, d3a.io or eventhorizonsummit.com), you may provide to us and we may collect from you personal information potentially including: name, title, organization, email address etc. In case of any billing, we also store your billing information. We are also custodians of data that you insert to use our D3A service, as well as of derived results.
- Automatic Information: In the process of browsing our websites listed above, opening and clicking links in emails from us, and other activities, we automatically receive and store information that helps us improve our content, products, and services, such as whether you’ve opened an email, which links you may have clicked in that email, and which pages of our website are most popular.
- Information From Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, similar in nature to the basic types of personal information outlined above in the Information You Give Us section.
C. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATIONWe will never sell, lease, or otherwise share your personal information with unaffiliated, third-party individuals and organizations.
Your personal information will only be used
- across the Grid Singularity team to deliver services and communications, and
- with vendors (e.g., Google Analytics, MailChimp, Flave) only as necessary to deliver Grid Singularity services and communications and to perform the functions described above.
If you are using the D3A service, your account information and data may be shared with the primary administrator(s) and your data may also be visible to other members in your team with whom you share your data and/or results or with whom you collaborate. Your administrator(s) may be able to view your account data, change your passwords, suspend, transfer or terminate your account or restrict your settings. Please refer to your organization’s internal policies if you have questions about this. Notably, as a user of D3A service and creator of content you are the responsible data controller as defined by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and similar legislation.
D. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATIONYour information will be used to improve Grid Singularity products, services, and communications, and to offer a more tailored and engaging experience with Grid Singularity, potentially including, but not limited to
- Delivery of our newsletter and other email announcements to which you directly subscribed
- Delivery of other marketing and communications
- Social media engagement
- Delivery of targeted Grid Singularity content from other platforms (e.g. embedded Grid Singularity YouTube videos, including those pertaining to our products and services such as D3A and Event Horizon Summit)
- Invitations to participate in potential projects of interest
- Improvement of D3A Service to create an improved user experience, including and not limited to functionality improvements and creation of anonymized, template library content
E. OPTIONS FOR MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONYou can manage your email subscription preferences, unsubscribe, resubscribe, etc. at any time by following the links contained in any email communication from us. You can also contact us in writing at the email and/or mailing address above to update your preferences or to be removed from our system.
For managing your personal information and/or account within the D3A UI (d3a.io), please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your preferences, or to be removed from our system.